- The student must be greater than 14 years of age but less than 17 years old.
- Driving tests are mandatory for all teens beginning to drive.
- Texas law requires a minimum of 10 night driving hours and a minimum of 34 day driving hours.
- All students beginning to drive have a 1 year restriction on their driver's license.
- No driving between 12 AM - 5 AM; unless, an emergency or work/school related issue has occurred.
- Only 1 passenger can be under 21 years of age if he/she is not a family member.
- No cell phones, tablets, walkie talkies, electronic devices, etc. while driving; unless, in the case of an emergency.
- The instructor must have a valid driver's license.
- The instructor must have held a valid driver's license for at least the past 3 years.
- The instructor must be a parent, foster parent, step parent, legal guardian, grand parent, or step grandparent.
- The instructor must have not had any driving felony convictions.
- The instructor must have less then 6 points on their current driving record.
- The instructor must not be disabled due to mental illness.
If there are any questions, please give our techincal support team a call at 512-222-1118.